CEDAR's Dialogue Noise Suppression technology is the standard for removing background noise from dialogue in studios. With near-zero latency, high-resolution processing, and a fast, intuitive user interface, it eliminates traffic noise, air conditioning, wind, rain, babble and general background noise from audio signals. It will also help to compensate for unfavourable acoustic conditions and poor microphone placement, and will even suppress excessive reverberation.
The CEDAR DNS 8D has been designed specifically for broadcast and live sound. With eight channels of noise suppression, it hosts a new algorithm that marries the best of the machine learning and signal processing on which the DNS 8 Live and the DNS 2 dialogue noise suppressors are based. With its slick user-interface that includes standard and detailed modes of operation it offers better control than any previous dialogue noise suppressor, both from the front panel and from almost any web browser that can access its internal remote control software. With its near-zero latency and a standard 4-pin 12VDC input in addition to universal mains power, it's suitable for use in all live situations - not just broadcasting, but also live sound in venues such as theatres, concert halls, conference venues and places of worship.
Dante® is the de-facto standard for media networking, distributing uncompressed, multi-channel digital audio via standard Ethernet networks with near-zero latency and perfect synchronisation. The DNS 8D is the first DNS with a Dante interface in addition to its AES3 audio connections. With support for Dante's redundant mode of operation (which helps to protect against network failure) plus fail-safe AES3 audio bypass implemented in the form of hardware relays that immediately connect the inputs to the outputs in the event of a power failure or other significant disruption, it can be installed with confidence in critical paths anywhere within the audio chain.
8D/AES breakout cable
We supply an optional high-quality AES3 breakout cable for the DNS 8D, offering a DB25 connector at one end and 4 x XLR (female) plus 4 x XLR (male) at the other. This allows users to connect the DNS 8D to equipment using the traditional XLR format.
- Eight channels of dialogue noise suppression
- The latest DNS algorithm and user interface
- A detailed mode ideal for permanent installations
- Supports Dante's redundant mode
- AES3 fail-safe audio bypass
- Dante® and digital PCM (AES3 on DB25 AES59 pin-out) I/O
- Sample rates: 441., 48, 88.2, 96kHz
- I/O resolution: 24-bit
- Process resolution: 40-bit floating point
- AES3 Latency of <10 samples (<0.2ms at 48kHz)
- Mains power: 90-260VAC; 50-60Hz auto-selecting
- DC power: 12VDC on standard 4-pin connector
- Size: 1U rackmount, 20cm depth
- Weight: 3kg
DNS Control System
- Browser-based remote control for laptops, tablets, and other devices
- Not limited to specific operating systems
- Works on almost any browser
- Independent of DAWs
- Ethernet interface
Cedar - DNS-8D - 8-Channel Dialogue Noise Suppressor with Dante
- Brand: Cedar
- Product Code: DNS8D