The Schoeps SuperCMIT 2 U defines a new category of shotgun microphone, with directivity that goes beyond anything previously known. It offers the recording engineer entirely new possibilities. The SuperCMIT 2 U has three pushbuttons which control the filters and presets of the microphone. The two filters are identical to those of Schoeps CMIT 5 U analog shotgun microphone:
• High-frequency boost (+5 dB at 10 kHz) compensates for losses due to windscreens.
• Steep low-cut (18 dB/oct. below 80 Hz) suppresses low-frequency wind and boom noise.
The second output channel always carries the signal of the regular shotgun. The "Preset" button controls the directivity for the signal on the first output channel (SuperCMIT 2 U). Two settings are available:
• Preset 1: moderate directivity increase (green LED); ca. 11 dB reduction in diffuse sound (5 dB greater than a Schoeps
CMIT 5 U or channel 2 of the SuperCMIT 2 U)
• Preset 2: strong directivity increase (red LED); ca. 15 dB diffuse sound reduction. This setting is reserved for special
applications since sonic artifacts can occasionally be heard.
AES42 Interface: The SuperCMIT 2 U is a digital microphone. Its output signal format is AES42, Mode 1. This means that it runs on its own clock (48 kHz) and must be driven by an AES42 input with a sample rate converter (SRC). With the optional PSD 2U powering adapter. It can also be used with a conventional AES3 input, having built-in SRC. The AES42 standard defines the interface for digital microphones. In the simplest case AES42 requires only an AES-3 interface plus 10-Volt digital phantom powering (DPP). AES42 interfaces are available in some equipment such as the RME DMC-842 8-channel interface and the Sound Devices 788T portable 8-channel recorder.
Schoeps - SuperCMIT 2 U
- Brand: Schoeps
- Product Code: SuperCMIT 2 U
- Availability: In Stock